Cams product license purchases offer 30 days of free technical
product support and software update services. These services include:
- Access to the Cams knowledge base
- Guaranteed paid support response times
- Installation and integration help
- Access to product updates
- Online issue tracking
Cafésoft provides support from 8am PST to 5pm PST, Monday
through Friday excluding holidays. After hours support may be provided
at the option of Cafésoft. Guaranteed response time for paid
support customers is 24 business hours from the time of receipt.
In most cases, Cafésoft support has an initial response to
customers within four business hours.
NOTE: Response times are for initial
responses not the time it may take to resolve the problem.
Most issues are integration issues and vary in scope and complexity.
Free Support Options
- All free support coverage options
- Remote assistance setting up Cams with a particular network
- Fix incorrect settings in a Cams policy server or Cams web agent
- Installation support including network topology recommendations,
debugging and hardening
Pricing (in US Dollars)
Support contracts are renewed annually at a cost of 20 percent
of the then current software license cost (includes software update
services). Support contracts must be kept current for all active
licenses. If a support contract lapses, customers can either back
pay to bring the support contract current or purchase new software
Cams support issues are initiated by completing
and submitting an issue tracker form. The customer completes
the fields including a severity grade:
- Fatal - The problem prohibits use of the software
- Bug - The problem prohibits the normal software use, but the
customer can work around it
- Enhancement - The problem is a request to make the software
do something it does not currently do
An incident number is created upon submission and the case remains
open until explicitly closed. Support will be provided until it
is determined that:
- The problem has been resolved that allows normal use of the
- The installation environment is not supported
- The software being installed is modified or corrupt
- The issue is a nonfatal bug, the incident then becomes a bug
- The user is attempting to do something that the software was
not designed to do, the incident then become an enhancement request
A Cafésoft support representative reviews the problem severity
and determines the appropriate course of action for resolution.
This may include an update to the software, reinstallation, or referral
to a FAQ or documentation. If needed, the support reprsentative
will contact the customer by phone or email to gather more information
or assist with the resolution.
A support incident first involves determination of the actual problem.
The act of determining this is part of the paid support incident
and may end in referring the customer to a 3rd party provider. If
the problem is with a 3rd party component (database, web server,
application server, operating system, customizations, etc.) the
support representative will refer the client to the appropriate
party for further resolution.
Cafésoft provides technical support for it's own products,
not for third-party components or applications that may require
integration with Cams. Cafésoft may optionally provide guidance
from experience but support for third-party products should be obtained
from their respective vendors. This includes JDBC drivers, LDAP
servers, databases, web servers, application servers, operating
systems and hardware.
All registered users are informed of products updates through the
Cams news list. Once a product update is made available, all users
with current support contracts have immediate access to download
the software on the Cafésoft web site.
professional services are available to help customers with on-site
Cams integration and product customizations. Cams is a flexible
technology, which the Cafésoft team can tailor to meet your
web single sign-on and access control needs. Please
submit a request to find out more.